Discover Wushu with Freddy Paillard, new British Champion
With Steve Coleman (European Wushu Champion & Actor)
Freddy Paillard and his course of Kungfu Wushu, offer a new showcase in Swindon since 2 months.
Freddy Paillard, is a professor convinced of the benefits of the Wushu, a complete discipline, “which is not only a sport but also a lifestyle”.
Wushu means martial art in Chinese. The most important is to join all aspects of fighting (internal and external), without dissociating any of the practices (health, well-being, leisure, self-defence and competitions)
Freddy Paillard, trained in France, USA and China, 4th DUAN, former competitor and former head of the Wushu development in Normandy. He arrived in UK 1 year ago.
Courses are open to all levels (beginners and advanced): men, women and children. Members will practice Kungfu Wushu (modern and traditional, shaolin), Chinese kickboxing “Sanda” and self-defence (Jeet Kune Do).
BCCMA National Championship 2017
The professor of this new club “Kungfu Wushu Academy“ was noticed last Sunday July 16, 2017 at University of Hertfordshire near London during the National Championship 2017 organized by the British Council for Chinese Martial Arts (BCCMA).
TOTAL 3 MEDALS FOR FREDDY PAILLARD
- 2 GOLD MEDALS (official British Champion)
- 1 BRONZE MEDAL
TAOLU (Codified form of techniques with bare hands or with weapons)
- Bronze medal with bare hands with a Taolu that Freddy learned in 2010 with Master Wubin (teacher of famous actor Jet Li). “My final score is very close to the athletes arrived 1st and 2nd, it is very positive for this first National Championship”
- Gold medal (official British Champion) with the three-section staff (San Jie Gun) a typical Kungfu weapon that Freddy learned to manipulate with a Shaolin Master. “The spectators were very enthusiastic and they enjoyed my performance which attracted much attention because the weapon makes a little noise when it has been manipulated…”
Clic on the link to watch the video
SANDA Chinese Kickboxing full contact (kickboxing fighting who gets Throw techniques):
- Gold medal (official British Champion) under 90kg category. “After winning the qualifying fight during afternoon, the final was the last fight of the day, fatigue was present and my opponent very powerful, I was more tactical than him…”
“I am very satisfied with the results” says Freddy Paillard. “I would like to warmly thank Shifu Paul Dawkins who teaches me twice a week at ZDL Kickboxing Swindon”.
Courses of “Kungfu Wushu – Chinese kickboxing” are supervised by a qualified teacher.
- Every Wednesday from 6.30pm to 7.30pm
- Classes resume on September 6th
KINGSDOWN SCHOOL SPORTS CENTRE (Fitness Studio)
Ermin Street – Stratton Saint Margaret
Swindon, SN3 4RH
07713 132 888
- All information on the website: kungfu-academy.com
- On our Facebook page: @KungfuWushuAcademy
- Follow us on Twitter: @kfwacademy
Individual private lessons are one of greatest methods for students to deepen their practice and develop their marital arts skill and knowledge. These private sessions can and will greatly improve many aspects of your training. Lessons at your home or in our Fitness Studio by appointment.